I know it has been too long since I posted anything. I have been in a bit of a doldrums. I have found out recently that I have an under active thyroid (hypo) and it could be part of my energy level issues. I have been on medication for a month and it really seems to be helping. Work has gotten very busy but I still find it to be relaxed compared to public accounting. David and Ashleigh both started school this past week so we are getting out of our summer randomness into a schedule.
Speaking of school, I have been pondering over Ashleigh's Kindergarten first day pics. I want to do a layout with a school feel but softer since she was in this beautiful pink dress. I think I might cut out letters of various sizes and fonts in a soft red or blue. I think I will make a random border to give it the feel but not over the top. I might even just stamp the letters in white on a soft red cardstock. I probably should get started since I have this years first day of school to do now.
Monday, August 25, 2008
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
I have been thinking that I need to add more about me in the scrapbooks. For that matter, I need to add more about David as well. Little things Ashleigh's kids might like to know when they are older. Here is a list of tidbits about me.
- I hate doing housework. Definitely.
- I am addicted to Crystal Light.
- I love cheese. Any kind anywhere
- I hated my curly hair until I got out of high school. I always wanted straight long blond hair.
- I have had more embarrassing incidents at work than any human should have to endure
- I was a Girl Scout from 2nd grade through high school
- My first car was a hand me down Honda Civic Hatchback - Red, which I backed into more objects than I can count on my hands
- If couch lounging was an Olympic sport, I would win a Gold many times over
- I love off the beaten path chick flicks. Heck, I love just about any chick flick.
- I did not start to wear make-up until I was 18
- I knew I wanted to study accounting as a junior in high school
- I went through sorority rush on crutches having had knee surgery a month before
- My vocabulary and spelling are atrocious because I missed several years of English during junior high to attend gifted student classes (SPARK). Thank heavens for spell check!
- My mom would send me to spend two to three weeks with my grandmother in Belzoni, Mississippi during the summers when I was younger. Grandmother would take me to the cable office and I loved running the cash register.
- I distinctly remember having dinner with my family (Mom, John & Edward)and laughing until my sides hurt. We sure did have fun picking on each other. Shoot, we still do it today!
Hope you learned somtething about me today!