Thursday, May 1, 2008

Shocking

Shocking to me anyway. Yesterday, when my trainer came over for our fast walking/jogging workout she mentioned she wanted to do one set going as long as I could. Now as most overweight people would tell you, we should not run! Period! It is not attractive or fun. But since Ambry started working me out, I have come to be more open to the possibility. She and I set a goal of my being able to run/jog/fast walk 10 minutes straight by the end of the summer. So right now I am doing 5 one minute sets and 5 30 second sets up a hill. Knowing how I feel after that I was doubtful I would go much over a minute. Well I managed to jog/walk 3 minutes straight! I was surprised and amazed. Now I am thinking that 10 minutes is achievable. I will keep you posted on my progress.

No comments: